Over 75 Individuals Tours Will Be Included
As promised, Ubisoft is releasing Discovery Tour by Assassin’s Creed: Ancient Egypt next week — February 20th to be exact. In case you missed our previous report, Discovery Tour basically turns Ancient Egypt into a museum, allowing players to explore the world of Assassin’s Creed Origins at their leisure, learning various historical facts without worrying about pesky combat fighting.
Some new facts have surfaced about the new mode, which will be free to download for anyone that owns the game, or as a standalone $19.99 purchase.
According to Ubisoft, players can expect an impressive 75 individuals tours across the mode, each lasting anywhere from 5 to 25 minutes long. Each tour is tied to five themes:
- Egypt: The land of Egypt, geography, and wildlife.
- Pyramids: An exploration of the most iconic landmarks of Egypt.
- Alexandria: Explaining the Greek influence that started with Alexander.
- Daily Life: Information about the people and not only the monuments.
- Romans: Tours that focus on the growing influence of Rome during the time of the game.
A variety of characters can be controlled during the tours including main protagonist, Bayek. Other playable characters include Aya, Cleopatra, Caesar, and more. Players are also encouraged to use the in-game Photo Mode like they would at a real-life museum.
A robust interview with Maxime Durand, a resident historian for the Assassin’s Creed franchise, can be read at Ubisoft’s website. It’s a lengthy but very informative read about Discovery Tour, its importance, and its creation.
Are you interested in the Discovery Tour? Let us know in the comments below.