The Expansion That Feels Like a Sequel Launches
With Warframe, players are in for a wild ride seldom offered by a free-to-play experience. After more than 4 years of constant improvement, the game-changing expansion has arrived. Plains of Eidolon launches on PC today and brings a definitive experience in the form of more profiles, more weapons, and non-stop action.
Thanks to Warframe: Plains of Eidolon, players can engage in an open-world experience with a never-ending day/night cycle. Vast hills, hidden cavities, and a thriving echo system span the user’s gaze. Not to mention new missions/quests, gear, weapons, and armor players can customize. It’s really a world brimming with content.
We would be remiss not to mention the 10-story monster that comes out every night, however. Eidolon is the big boss that brings the ultimate PvE experience to Warframe. Once players build up their skills, level up, and grab the best gear, they can hope to take on the monster of the region’s namesake. Even then, there’s no guarantee you’ll make it out in one piece.
Plains of Eidolon Key Features Include:
- Landscapes: Plains of Eidolon is the first continual Warframe environment offering players an Open Zone in which to explore, fight, discover, spearfish, mine, collect and play
- Cetus: Mingle, browse, buy, craft, and take on challenges in the marketplace of Cetus
- Epic Eidolon Fights: Against these demanding towers of death, Tenno will need all of their skill, wit, and even the Luck of the Lotus if they expect to survive!
- New Warframe: The 34th Warframe, Gara, manipulates glass to fracture the resolve of her enemies with four Abilities and a variety of new weapons, items, and Customizations
- New Weapons and Reinforcements: With weapons like the Astilla, which shoots slugs that explode on impact, to the Volnus, a lightweight glass hammer that deals a large amount of damage, and Reinforcements like Argonak, the hooked blade Krohkur, and its twin, the Dual Krohkur, everyone’s Arsenal will be primed for battle
- Focus Rework: The Operator-Warrior Focus 2.0 changes the Skill Tree to be more combat-focused, enabling players to equip their Operator with distinct Weapons and Armor
- Mag Pneuma Collection: Tenno can harness the magnetic force around them with the new Mag Pneuma Collection, including the lavish Mag Pneuma Skin, Maruta Tonfa Skin, and the Vasa Syandana
- Comic Book Companion: Working with Top Cow Productions, Digital Extremes’ first Warframe comic tells a dire tale of war tied into Plains of Eidolon. Get it online here
Warframe is developed and published by Digital Extremes. To download, visit https://www.warframe.com/landing. New expansion content for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One launches later this year. Check back for all the relevant updates, news, and reviews.
SOURCE: Press Release